Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No Loyalty

Business has been slow lately, but it usually is this time of year. Our regular customers come in as usual, but those are slowly dwindling away, too.

Why?

Because our regular customers are starting to steal.

Theft has been out of control lately, but that was from people we had never seen before. I took pleasure in kicking those assholes out of the store.

When our regular customers steal, that pisses me off. Where's the loyalty? These customers know it's a family business and comment all the time on how they love coming into the store because of the friendly atmosphere, blah blah blah. Now I guess I just won't trust anyone.

We have a redheaded lady that comes in every day. She usually comes in and buys a coffee. Lately she's been buying a doughnut, too.

The other day I was just randomly watching the security cameras (probably because I didn't want to do my work), and I saw this redhead shove a doughnut into her purse. No bag, no tissue, just the doughnut. At first I thought I was just seeing things because who shoves a doughnut in their purse without anything covering it? Is it still enjoyable when it has all the debris and lint from your purse stuck to it?

So I just sat there and watched as she came up to the register to pay for her coffee but not mentioning the doughnut at all.

Normally I'd race right out from the back room and confront this bitch, but Aunt Flow was visiting so my stomach cramps kept me confined to the back room.

My guess is that she's done this before since she so stealthily slid the doughnut into her purse. Right.

I've told everyone I work with and we're all on alert for the next time she does it. And there WILL be a next time. There always is.

It just really pisses me off because this isn't the first time a regular customer has stolen from us lately. It's happening WAY more than it should.

2 comments:

  1. This used to happen at our store. I think that the twisted thinking of some regular customers is because they are buying the occasional item at full price, that taking what they want, without paying for it, is a perk that we owed them for gracing us with their presence.

    They thought of it as a bonus they deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thieves are out more than ever. In part because of our poor economy and in part because they can.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn