Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'll Be Right Back

All too often a customer is at the register buying something when they forgot they left their money in their car or at home.

"Oh, shit. I forgot my wallet at home. I'll be right back!" they say as they run out the door.

Many times they come back. Sometimes they don't.

When they are buying prepackaged stuff that I can just throw back on the shelves, then it's no big deal.

But when they get coffee, doughnuts or anything else that they have to make and/or touch, it pisses me off.

That's perfectly good stuff that we have to throw away, all because you said you'd be right back. Asshole.

I'm assuming that since the customer had to go back home it made them late for work so they decided to skip coming back into the store.

If you've done this before, then screw you. I could be giving this stuff to the crazy woman that comes around all the time begging for food, but who knows if you've coughed or sneezed on it, thus transferring your cold to the crazy woman. Then she will come in coughing and sneezing on me and I'll have to look at puke on her jacket while boogers fly out of her nose.

Which means that the next time I see you, I'll give you the crustiest dirtiest money I can find as your change.


4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the public sometimes. Yeah, me too.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about when you ask if they want a bag and they reply with "How else am I supposed to carry my groceries" I was just doing my job a-hole. Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I follow up that reply with, "Oh, good. That bag will be 75 cents. Plus tax." (Austin has a plastic bag ban in effect, so we are frequently charged for bags if we forget to bring one from home.) Assholes get charged for bags -- nice people get them for free. xD

      Delete
  3. What I hate is when a customer forgets their wallet in their car once they're at the register and then leave a cart full of stuff in the way while there is a line behind them

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn