Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Drama on Night Shift

Worked half of a night shift last night in order to train the new night shift person.

It was unusually busy, besides our usual cigar-buying assholes. Why?

Because apparently there was a standoff a few streets over, meaning there was a guy with a gun and a hostage in his basement and police were on the scene.

This meant that everyone in the area wanted to come by and see what was going on. This also meant that they stopped in to buy snacks and drinks.

I only found out about it because so many customers were talking about it. People were popping popcorn in our microwave so that they could go sit nearby on the lawn and watch the events unfold!

I'm glad so many people found enjoyment in such a scary situation.

Actually, I would have done the exact same thing.

Luckily though, the standoff ended without incident. I'm still curious to see who this person with the gun was and if he was one of our customers. I'm guessing I know him. Many of our customers forget or refuse to take their medicine, which is what happened with this guy.

1 comment:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn