Monday, January 24, 2011

Put it in PARK



Please make sure your car is in PARK when leaving it to go inside our store.

Yesterday this customer came in and walked up to my counter. All of a sudden I heard shouting.

"Sir! Sir! Your car is moving backwards!" a customer yelled.

We all look outside and sure enough, this guy's car is slooooowly going backwards, heading right towards our gas pump.

"Uhh, you might want to go catch that thing," I say as I turn back towards him.

He quickly bolts out the door and runs after his car. He jumps in and puts it in park. I could see him breathing heavily from inside the car because his breath was fogging up the windows. I'm sure he was relieved that his car didn't cause or receive any damage.

The funniest part is that he didn't come back in. My guess is that he was too embarrassed to go back into the store after what happened. I would have been too.

I know that mistakes happen, but it was just too funny watching him wildly flailing his arms around trying to run as fast as he could to get to his car. It was like I was watching a cartoon. I'd have to say that it was the highlight of my freaking day.

But, it would have been bad (and expensive) for him if his car had hit one of our gas pumps.

So that is why you should always check to make sure your car is in PARK before getting out of it. Unless you want to look like an asshole running after your car. In that case, be my guest.

7 comments:

  1. I read several posts on your blog, and I know the stuff ur talking about is true, because I use to be a cashier. People do and say the dumbest shit to you because they think they're better than you. Most of them can't count, thieves, scam & con artist, but it's hard to pull one over on a old school cashier, I know. I do karaoke now, consider checking out my blog (blog.phatkaraoke.com) and tell me what you think about it and link me to ur post. I use to go to karaoke when I got off from work @ Lowe's to relieve the stress the customers put on me, that's how I got in the karaoke business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I started reading this blog because I can totally relate. I worked at a grocery store and pharmacy as a cashier and it was the worst job I've ever had. People are such assholes and I give major major props to anyone who does it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention someone could get hurt or KILLED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm suddenly thankful that my car will not allow me to remove the key unless it is in Park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked at a grocery store as a cashier and had many worst experiences and fights..


    Finance Job Descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROTFLMFAO!!!! That is freakin' classic. How difficult he must find it to make it through the day, if the simple act of putting the damn car in PARK before getting out is too much for his peabrain? xD Thank you for sharing!! This just made my night. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn