Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Employment Application

We get lots of applications in, sometimes from some less-than-desirable people.

One time a younger girl came in. She seemed very friendly, nicely dressed and maybe someone we'd have considered working with us.

"Can I have an application?" she asked as she walked up to my register.

"Sure!" I said happily. Finally someone normal-looking that we could possibly hire instead of these freak applications that we had been receiving.

So she took it outside, filled it out and brought it back in with a smile.

"What hours can you work?" I said, checking out the application.

"Oh, anything is fine with me. I can also come in to work on short notice too if someone were to call off." She seemed so perfect even her teeth sparkled.

I told her I'd give her application to the boss and he's be contacting her if interested. She smiled and walked out.

Upon further inspection of the application, I noticed this about one of the questions on it:

5. Have you ever been convicted of theft?

Her answer:

Yes, and I'm currently evading cops.

It seriously had to be some kind of joke, right? Who puts that? Sometimes it's bad to be too honest.

Just what I need; her calling off of work because Dog the Bounty Hunter found her.

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! If it's a joke, why would someone put that on an application?? If it's not a joke, why would someone put that on an application??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the....

    I think she should win the D-bag of the Year Award!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, That's awesome! That has to be a joke on her part, right? Was the rest of her application filled out correctly...? Maybe she didn't realize that a job application isn't always the best venue to try out your new zingers.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn