Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Finally - Part 3 of my Shitty Weekend

I'm ringing up someone on Sunday and I see this regular customer over by the coffee counter. He put doughnuts in a bag and I catch him intently watching me while I ring up another customer.

I notice that as soon as I turn my head away from the guy at the coffee counter, he starts shoving things into the doughnut bag. I look at him and he stops. I turn away and he throws more things in his bag. Soon he comes up to the counter. This oughta be good.

He tells me he has 1 doughnut, even though the bag is about to break open.

I tell him that he has to pay for whatever else is in the bag. He opens it up and takes out three of those little flavored coffee creamer packets. We normally let customers have those for free if they want just a few. But not this guy.

The whole time he's had the bag clutched to his body and won't let me look in it.
I tell him to keep taking stuff out of the bag.

He then ends up taking everything out of the bag, which was one doughnut plus 17 of those coffee creamer packets. 17? Really?

I made him pay for every one of those things. Mostly because of the way he was trying to shove them in his bag and hiding them from me.

If you ever wonder why stores hardly have any coffee creamer packets, it's because they don't want to put a lot of them out because PEOPLE TAKE 17 OF THEM AT A TIME.

They are meant to be used in the coffee you are currently buying in the store. Not the coffee you will be drinking for the rest of the month.

I wish people would stop abusing this shit. No wonder prices on everything are so freaking high.

I was glad when the weekend was over. Hopefully this weekend will be better, but I doubt it. Customers are shittier on the weekends.

7 comments:

  1. I hope your weekend is better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make SURE it is better than last weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me really glad I'm not a cashier. I'll be very nice the next time I visit any cashier I'll be extra nice. I won't steal anything either.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sandee. I mean, it's wonderful blog fodder and all, but you have to put with so much crap to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrible. I mean, I only take the sugars. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew where you lived. And what store you worked at. I wouldn't stalk you. I promise. Okay, maybe just a little bit, and I would be sure to memorize some of the shit that pisses you off....just so I could get a good reaction. :o) I'd love to be famous and have you write about me on your bloggy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandee: Thank you! I'm sure your cashier will appreciate it. ;-)

    Nanny Goats in Panties: I know, don't remind me. :-( One day I will be set free!

    Ann: Yes! That's the kind of stuff we complain about all the time too! People will just grab tons of stuff to clean up their messes and just throw it away.

    Linda Medrano: So that's where all our sugar is going.... ;-)

    Mee2: I would catch on, and try to make your life miserable every time you walked into my store. ;-) And then I would write about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn