Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What Is So Freaking Funny?

We get people laughing at the stupidest things.

A prime example is this: Many customers will laugh when their total purchase ends in 69 cents.

Why? Why do people do this??

And it's not like it's teenagers or anything. It's always GROWN MEN that chuckle to themselves.

When they do this all I can do is stare at them with my 'You're an idiot' look. Do they not get enough attention from their wives or girlfriends at home that something like this actually amuses them?

The worst is when they actually say something about it. "Oh heh heh heh. 69. Do you see that?"

"Yeah, asshole, I see. Just pay me and get out."

Here's another piece of advice. If your total ends in 69, don't comment on it to the cashier. Just hold your laughter in as best as you can (because it is SO funny), and wait until you are outside before you burst out laughing.

9 comments:

  1. Maturity....it doesn't come with age. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Dee said and with some men this is so very true. Well, that and all they think about is ...

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy old men...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some things that men never out grow and being amused by the number 69 is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just further evidence that every man is really a 12-year-old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I totally agree with you, but why am I snorting with laughter as I read this. I'm afraid I'm a sick puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To which you reply: "Yeah, I get that about once in a hundred times. I bet YOU don't get it that often, though, do you."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I guess men do think of sex a lot during the day.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nanny, that's hilarious.

    But ya, the guys that chuckle over '69' are the same ones that snicker at 'cockpit' and 'titmouse'. You know it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn