Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You're Sick? Get Away From Me!

Damnit I'm sick. And I probably got it from a crappy customer. You know, most likely the TWENTY or so that sneezed in my face this past week.

I've got the runs, feel queasy and now have the chills. I freaking HATE getting the chills!

How much hand sanitizer do I need to use in order to be protected against sick people???

Maybe I should slather it all over my clothes. People will wonder why I'm wet and sticky, but who cares. It sure beats the hell out of running to the bathroom in between customers.

Yes, I went to work today. I managed to make it for three hours before I couldn't stay and had to go home. That's about 75-100 people I infected. Should I feel bad? God no. People do it to me on a daily basis.

I know I touch snot every day when sick people hand me their money. I even watched some guy sneeze into his dollar bill, slyly wipe his nose with it, and then walked up to the counter to give it to the cashier. It was a cashier I wasn't too fond of, so I never warned her. Sure enough, she got sick 2 days later. Little things I do to get my revenge....

Why I'm on the Internet I have no freaking clue. I've been restless in bed all day and on the toilet and am tired of wiping so much my butt hurts.

I guess this is payback from all the crappy customers I have....

8 comments:

  1. I work on people's computers and smartphones all day. The first thing I do when I'm done is freaking hose down. Scrub, scrub, scrub. I've been lucky this year, but one year I got bronchitis from two people who traded it between them. God! Stay home if you're sick and for the love of God, wear gloves and shove tissues up your nose and sneeze into your arm. I hate people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're sick. I work with students and their papers all day. I figure I must have a good immune system by now.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read this line:

    Should I feel bad? God no.

    I *thought* it said:

    Shouldn't I feel better?

    I guess I'm projecting how I would feel onto you. Although we both got to the same conclusion, didn't we?

    That sucks and the guy who wiped his nose with a dollar bill should be executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting over a similar affliction - lasted 2 miserable weeks, still have the cough. I sure do hope you ain't got what I had.

    Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! I HATE the chills and that feeling you get where you don't want anything to touch your skin. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're sick....hope your feeling better by now....you're so funny with all your cashier stories! I've learned alot by reading your posts....everytime I walk into a gas station, I think of you (not in a creepy kind of way, so don't worry!) :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy: Haha me too. I hate them!

    Bossy Betty: Thanks! I thought I had a good immune system too, but I guess not. Thankfully though this is the first time I've been sick in a loooong time.

    cardiogirl: I wish there was a death penalty for desecrating a dollar.

    Grace: I hope I don't either, that would suck.

    My Momma Drama: Yes, currently anything that touches my stomach makes me want to throw up...even a blanket!

    Jenny Brown: Thanks, glad you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being sick - especially in MAY - is awful! I hope you feel better soon!

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn