Monday, May 17, 2010

No It Wasn't A Rough Night

I get up really early for work...usually around 5am. So naturally, I'm going to go into work sleepy.

I don't know why customers feel the need to ask me 'Rough night?' when they see me in the morning.

Yes, I know I look like crap. I feel like crap. And here I am ringing up your shitty lottery purchase at 6am because you couldn't fucking wait til the sun came up and you're asking me if I stayed out all night which is why I look like garbage.

No, I didn't stay out all night, I'M JUST TIRED.

I wish I was one of those people in the movies that looked all perfect when they woke up every morning, but I'm not.

Most days I stumble into work because 6am is just too early to be up sometimes.

The worst is when I think I actually look presentable and wide awake at work, and STILL have someone ask me 'Rough night?'! No, you asshole, but thanks for telling me I look like shit. Have a nice day!

8 comments:

  1. My response? Yes I did have a rough night. Looks like you did too. Why just you feeling like crap. Might as well make their day too. Just saying.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up as early as you, but it's three hours before I have to face anyone, thankfully.

    I think next time someone asks if you had a rough night, just say, "I can see YOU did."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know why people have to comment about the obvious all the time. You should have ask them what there excuse was for looking like ish.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say "No and why do you ask?" Call them on it. Make them answer it.

    You do realize now that all of my comments to you will end with the following tagline:

    I hate people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start at 6a.m. so I know exactly how you feel.I like Katyh's idea though, I think you should go with that the next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's anything I hate it's having somebody I don't know comment to me saying "You look tired." Even if I'm feeling fine, and feeling like I look fine, when some arsehole says that I fell like my whole face droops! Rough night indeed! I'm sure you look fine at 6:00 AM. It's just not the best hour for anybody I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 1:49 pm and I'm tired, I can't imagine having to be at work that early. Sandee gave best response.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work in a diner,I'm there early to wash dishes. It's NO FUN. We have 'regulars' that are always there when I come in and some have waited patiently for two years for me to smile at them.Newflash: Ain't gonna happen. I am NOT a morning person. And I hate my stupid crappy job. And the coffee there sucks. I got tired of answering people when they ask was I up late. Now I just glare.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock image by lemn